'Glee' cast to appear on 'Oprah'

Okay, now Glee has arrived: The cast of the Fox phenom is heading to Chicago next month to appear on The Oprah Winfrey Show! According to an Oprah insider, the talk show titan’s April 7 show will be devoted to all things Glee. Highlights will include interviews with the entire cast and series creator Ryan Murphy, never-before-seen backstage video, and, natch, a show-stopping performance. To further hype the episode, is launching a “destination page” for Gleeks. Beginning the week of March 29, fans will find character guides, Glee I.Q. tests, behind the scenes photo galleries, and more. The Oprah episode airs the day after the Glee cast is slated to appear at the White House for the annual Easter egg roll. And then Glee itself returns the following Tuesday with the first of nine new episodes. It’ll be wall-to-wall Gleemania! Source Here

Being Asked About John Mayer, Jessica Simpson Gets Distressed

Jessica Simpson almost broke down in tears during an interview with Oprah Winfrey after the TV titan quizzed her over comments John Mayer made about their sex life. The rocker came under fire in February over his racy interview with Playboy magazine in which he described the singer as "crazy" in bed and compared their lovemaking to "sexual napalm". He added, "(Simpson was like) a drug. And drugs aren't good for you if you do lots of them. Yeah, that girl is like crack cocaine to me." Simpson subsequently refused to comment, and Mayer later apologized to his former lover - branding himself an "a**hole". But during an interview with Winfrey, the media mogul asked Simpson how she felt about Mayer's remarks - and the singer looked distressed when answering, "I don't want people to know how I am in bed." Simpson then responded to the talk show queen's questions about media speculation over her fluctuating weight, saying, "It's a really hard thing for me to talk about." The full interview will be broadcast in the U.S. on Wednesday, March 3. Source Here

Roger Ebert Debuts "New Voice" on Oprah

Cancer robbed Roger Ebert of the ability to speak four years ago. Now the famed film critic has found a new voice that sounds like his old one. Using a new text-to-speech software by Scottish computer programming company CereProc, Ebert debuted his synthesized yet familiar voice on Tuesday's The Oprah Winfrey Show. The 67-year-old Pulitzer Prize winner, who had part of his jawbone removed in a battle with thyroid cancer, previously used standard computerized voices until CereProc sampled audio clips of Ebert's past film commentaries to fashion a semblance of his voice. The technology allows Ebert to type what he wants to say and let listeners hear him. "How are you feeling?" Winfrey asked him. "Terrific," a cheerful Ebert replied after typing in the response. The computerized voice still needs improvement, Ebert said, but he is pleased that it at least sounds like him. "In first grade, they said I talk too much," he said. "And now I still can." Ebert was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer in 2002 and underwent surgery to remove it. He had surgery again in 2003 on his salivary glands and in 2006 to remove additional cancerous tissue near his right jaw. The last time Ebert's wife, Chaz, heard his voice was July 1, 2006, she said on the show, which also documented the couple's life at home. Asked if he remembers the final words he spoke, Ebert said he does not because he didn't know at the time that they would be his last. "I probably spoke them to Chaz as they wheeled me out to the operating room," he said. "They were probably 'I love you.' At least I hope those were my last words. On the other hand, they may have been, 'Good morning, doctor!'" Ebert is now cancer-free, and he said he won't have any reconstructive surgery to repair his face. "This is the way I look, and my life is happy and productive, so why have any more surgery? ... Nobody looks perfect," he said. "We have to find peace with the way we look and get on with life." Source Here

Roger Ebert to Sit Down with Oprah

Pulitzer Prize-winning film critic Roger Ebert will appear on The Oprah Winfrey Show Tuesday, marking Ebert's first TV appearance since he lost the ability to speak. Ebert, who lost his voice and part of his jawbone in a battle with thyroid cancer, will participate in the interview with the aid of text-to-speech computer technology. Ebert and Winfrey are longtime friends, and even briefly dated in the 1980s, which Ebert has documented on his website. Ebert was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer in 2002. The cancer was removed, but returned in his salivary glands in 2003. Ebert underwent further surgery in June 2006 to remove additional cancerous tissue near his right jaw, resulting in the loss of part of his jaw bone. His cancer battle was recently documented in an Esquire profile. After multiple unsuccessful surgeries to restore Ebert's jaw, he remains unable to eat and drink normally. Ebert, however, continues to crank out film reviews week after week and is very active on his blog. Source Here

Kirstie Alley Received a 'Booty Call' From Jamie Foxx

Kirstie Alley received a surprise phone call from her Hollywood crush during an upcoming appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" - the media mogul arranged for Jamie Foxx to woo her via video-link. Alley revealed her feelings for the "Ray" star during a 2009 interview with People magazine, insisting she dreams of a "booty call" from the handsome actor. And Winfrey made Alley's dreams come true in an upcoming episode of her talk show - by hooking the pair up via video phone. When Winfrey asked Alley if she still wanted a "booty call" from Foxx, she replied, "You know, me and about three million other women in the United States." To which the host replied, "Well, you know, that's really great because we have a special relationship, but I don't want a booty call." Foxx then appeared on a screen, prompting screams of delight from the actress, and said, "Kirstie, with Oprah's permission, I'll be your booty call." The episode airs in the U.S. on Thursday, February 25. Source Here

Leno on Oprah: "I Was Devastated" to Lose The Tonight Show

Jay Leno said he was "devastated" when NBC executives first told him in 2004 that they were giving The Tonight Show to Conan O'Brien. Leno appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show Thursday to tell his side of the story of the recent late-night war that erupted when NBC decided to cancel Leno's prime-time show and bump O'Brien's Tonight Show to 12:05. Although Leno reacted fairly positively to stepping aside for Conan in 2004, he said it was a tough pill to swallow. "It broke my heart. It really did; I was devastated," he told Winfrey, according to The Chicago Tribune. "This was the job that I had always wanted and this was the only job that ever mattered in show business - to me. It's the job every comic aspires to. It was just like, why?" Leno said he told a white lie on the air when he suggested he would retire after his Tonight Show tenure ended. He said in 2004, long before NBC offered him a show at 10 o'clock, he always assumed he would get another job with a different network, which he said would have been "a lot of work." He also responded to the perception that he stole Conan's job. "It all comes down to numbers in show business," he said. "This is almost the perfect storm of bad things happening. You have two hit shows - Tonight Show No. 1 and Conan No. 1. You move them both to another situation. And what are the odds that both would do extremely poorly? If Conan's numbers had been a little bit higher, it wouldn't even be an issue. But in show business, there's always somebody waiting in the wings. Being me." Leno did not, however, attempt to ask how Conan would feel, he said. "It wasn't my place to call Conan," Leno said. "They made this offer to me. And I said, 'Do you think Conan will go for this?' And they said, 'We'll ask him tomorrow.' 'OK, let me know what happens.' And then... I guess Conan had his article in the paper and that was that." Of Conan's claims that moving Tonight to 12:05 would be "destructive to the franchise," Leno said: "Well, if you look at where [Conan's Tonight Show] ratings were [long pause], it was already destructive to the franchise." When asked if he thought he was being unfairly portrayed in the media, Leno replied, "Yeah, I think so. But I think you have to look for a bad guy. I mean, I think it's funny that they have a picture of me and Roman Polanski. Somehow these are quite similar. You have a TV show; he had sex with a 13-year old girl with Quaaludes. Yeah, that's about equal." Winfrey asked if NBC could have handled the situation better. "Anything they did would have been better than this. If they had come in and shot everybody, it would have been, 'Oh, people were murdered,' but at least it would have been a two-day story," Leno joked. "NBC could not have handled it worse. From 2004 onward, this whole thing was a huge mess." Leno told Winfrey he hasn't talked to Conan since all the changes were made. He said he wanted to call, but it "didn't seem appropriate." He also said he wasn't hurt by Conan's jokes. "It's what we do, you know," Leno said. "It's like being a fighter and say, 'When you got punched in the head, did it hurt?' Well, yeah, but you're a fighter. That's what you do." And as for why he would want to go back to The Tonight Show, after having hosted for 17 years and lost the gig? "You know, if you're a gunfighter, you like to die in the street," Leno said. O'Brien aired his last Tonight Show on Jan. 22. The Jay Leno Show will end its run on Feb. 9, and Leno will return to Tonight March 1. Source Here

Oprah to interview Jay Leno next week

So what does a celebrity do when he wants to look good to the public again? He goes on Oprah of course! That's what Jay Leno is going to do. Oprah Winfrey is going to interview him for a segment that will air next Thursday. Let's predict how this will go, shall we? He'll come out to a lot of applause, he'll make some jokes about how NBC screwed both him and Conan (which Leno has been doing this past week, trying to look like NBC has wronged him in some way - pretty strange considering Leno got exactly what he wanted), make some political jokes, try to come off as The Nice Guy (TM). Now...will Oprah give Conan a chance to be on her show at some point? Who will get the first interview with Conan anyway? I pray it's David Letterman, on March 1. Source Here

Oprah Winfrey Donates $1.5 Million To Atlanta School - Starpulse

Talk show queen and famed philanthropist Oprah Winfrey has proved her generosity once again - after donating $1.5 million to an inner-city school in Atlanta, Georgia. Winfrey donated $365,000 to The Ron Clark Academy, a private middle school in one of the city's poorest neighborhoods, just last December - and she has welcomed school founder Ron Clark onto her talk show twice. To Read More Click Here .

Oprah Winfrey Officially 'Reached Out' to Tiger Woods

Tiger Woods has the choice to say yes or no to Oprah Winfrey. Harpo Productions confirmed that they have been trying to get the golfer, who is in the middle of marital woes, to appear on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and control the rumor mills with his side of story. A rep for Harpo acknowledged on Wednesday, December 16, "We have reached out to Tiger Woods' representatives, but nothing is confirmed." An appearance on "Oprah" is deemed the most suitable platform for Woods to clean his name because the host has the tendency to put her guests on the lighter side. "Oprah Winfrey Show" is not the only show competing to get the coveted interview. Others like HBO Sports, ESPN and Golf Channels were trying hard to nab the exclusive interview with the person who arguably creates the biggest controversy this year. HBO reportedly has gotten the rejection. Tiger Woods admitted to an "infidelity" that caused his family "disappointment" and "hurt". However, he has not come clean with the claim that he has had affairs with more than 9 women since he was married to Elin Nordegren five years ago. Source Here

Oprah Winfrey Announces Holiday Giveaway

It may not be a Favorite Things show, but Oprah Winfrey has announced a 12-day holiday giveaway contest Tuesday. From Dec. 1 to Dec. 12, readers of O, The Oprah Magazine will be able to enter special one-day-only codes online to increase their chances of winning all 46 items featured in the mag's O List Holiday Edition, in the current December issue. Twelve readers will win all 46 items in time for Christmas Day and one lucky grand-prize winner will also win two tickets to live tapings of both The Oprah Winfrey Show and The Ellen DeGeneres Show with accompanying airfare and hotel bookings. Get all the details on Winfrey's giveaway here. Will you be entering? Source Here