On the most recent episode of One Tree Hill, something finally happened. You may not have liked it, but it was something, right, which has to be better than the lack of drama that we've been seeing on One Tree Hill lately!
Some of my reactions to this week's episode:
1. I still don't care about Dan or his heart problem. What would make me care more though would be Dan pulling the plug on the dying priest so he could steal his heart. An entertaining Dan is an evil Dan. Bring on Evil Dan!
2. So Jamie found the card in the garbage can. Did we not see that coming from a mile away?
3. Does Brooke not have some serious chemistry with the hot 28 year pediatric cardiologist (Ethan)? Random observation: Ethan likes to wear a fleece in the hospital more often than scrubs or a lab coat.
4. This episode contained the second plug for recycling of the season and no less than 3 plugs in this episode alone for Rock the Vote. I actually think it's really cool that the show is going to so much effort to stress issues that are relevant, especially for young people, so kudos to them.
5. We got a dose of angry/violent/drunk Lucas tonight and it was not pretty. Not at all. Attacking a high schooler is inexcusable, Lucas, even if Lindsay just rejected you for the 47th time!
6. Awwww. Of course Mouth put his friendship with Lucas over his career (and was smart enough to destroy the evidence, unlike Haley with Jamie's card). That being said, since it's his friends that are the sports news makers in One Tree Hill (Lucas and Nathan), he might just be in trouble.
7. So the rumored hookup was Deb and Skillz. Many of you were correct about this one! I enjoyed Deb's "You said you were older" and Skillz's "You said you were younger" lines. Do we think Nathan will be angry or won't care when he finds out?
8. I enjoyed "Mia's" cover of Halleluyah, which played near the end of the episode, but I thnk I've heard one too many covers of that song...
9. Who thinks Brook is going to have a nervous break down when she has to give back Angie?
And now, for the big news...
10. The harsh quote of the evening award most certainly goes to Lucas, who in a drunken stupor says: "Peyton. I hate you. I wish you never came back. You ruined my life."
Again, this is Lucas not being nice (and irrational...he is the one that keeps writing those books that are indirect professions of love to Peyton) and I ask myself again why he is such a catch anyway??
So...improvement over last week, yes? Overall, it still was not an overwhelmingly eventful episode, but perhaps we've started to turn a corner here...