TLC Sues Jon Gosselin


TLC filed a lawsuit against Jon Gosselin Friday, accusing the Jon & Kate plus 8 star of breach of contract.


The suit, filed in Maryland, claims that Gosselin violated his contract by making paid TV appearances and making unauthorized public disclosures about the TLC show, according to The Associated Press.


"The network has been trying privately and patiently for months to get Jon to honor the contract he signed and to comply with his obligations relating to public appearances and statements," TLC said in a statement. "Those efforts have been unsuccessful."


The suit seeks unspecified compensatory damages from Gosselin and demands that the 32-year-old return money made from other TV appearances, as well as abide by the terms of his contract, according to the AP.


Calls to Gosselin's lawyer, Mark Jay Heller, were not immediately returned.


Last month, TLC announced Jon & Kate Plus 8 will be renamed Kate Plus Eight and would feature less of Jon Gosselin. TLC halted production on the show after Gosselin told the network to stop filming his children. TLC said Thursday Kate Plus Eight will not launch Nov. 2 as planned, but the show has not been canceled.


Source Here

Comments

Want to comment on this? First, you must log in to your SideReel account!