"American Idol" contestant Chris Golightly has been disqualified from the Top 24 only to be replaced by Tim Urban at the last minute. Some may remember him from the audition round in Los Angeles as the guy who has been in 25 foster homes since he was 18 months old.
Ryan Seacrest made it official with his tweet on Wednesday, February 17 after the revelation of Top 24 went on air. He wrote, "been determined that Chris Golightly is ineligible to continue on IDOL, contestant Tim Urban has replaced Golightly as part of the Top 24". He however, remained shady on the reason of the disqualification, writing "must have broken a rule or maybe had previous deal".
Fellow contestant of season 9 Samantha Musa who has also been cut, provided more insight to the situation, saying "Just got off the phone with Chris GoLightly. He was disqualified yesterday, after already being told he was in the top 24, over some bogus old contract. The contract expired, but they disqualified him for not telling them. He is talking to lawyers, but doubt they can do anything."
Chris' disqualification becomes a big issue since Michael Lynche is allowed to stay although he also broke a rule when his father told local paper that Michael is in the Top 24 before the show went on air. "He is upset cause he says it was a misunderstanding, yet they let Michael Lynch stay in the top 24 even though he broke contract when his family spilled the news about idol to the papers," Samantha said. "So really, it's pretty messed up that they pick and choose which 'Breach' to ignore and which to use as grounds for disqualification!"
The latest report said Chris had a management contract that expired in June last year. Producers kicked him out simply because he did not tell them about the contract.