SILVA SCREEN RECORDS
THE MUSIC OF BATMAN
THE FLAWED SUPERHERO WITH A DARK EDGE THAT INSPIRED QUIRKY, SWEEPING ORCHESTRAL SCORES WITH GOTHIC UNDERTONES
Masterfully performed by the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra, this unique compilation features the music from the complete Batman silver screen franchise.
Composer Danny Elfmanâs off-centre gothic inspiration captures the spirit of a Batman Movie soundtrack. With its four-note minor key ascent and two-note major key descent perfectly depicting the duality of the Bruce Wayne character, Elfman's title theme had a great impact on subsequent Batman scores and Superhero blockbusters in general.
Also includes music from Neal Hefti and Nelson Riddleâs sixties loungey, brassy, bass-driven beats for Batman TV series, Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howardâs minimalist angst ridden score, as well as various Batman themes from Shirley Walker (Escape from L.A.), Christopher Drake (Wonder Woman) and Elliot Goldenthal (Drugstore Cowboy, Interview With The Vampire, Heat, Frida).
1. Batman - Theme (Danny Elfman)
2. Batman - Flowers & Love Theme (Danny Elfman)
3. Batman - The Jokerâs Poem & Clown Attack (Danny Elfman)
4. Batman - Up the Cathedral (Danny Elfman)
5. Batman - Waltz to the Death (Danny Elfman)
6. Batman - The Final Confrontation & Finale (Danny Elfman)
7. Batman Returns - End Titles (Danny Elfman)
8. Batman Forever - Batterdamerung & Mouth to Mouth Nocturne (Elliot Goldenthal)
9. Batman & Robin - Main Titles & Fanfare (Elliot Goldenthal)
10. Batman Begins - Eptesicus (James Newton Howard, Hans Zimmer)
11. The Dark Knight - Aggressive Expansion (Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard)
12. Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm - The Birth of Batman /
Main Title / The Promise (Shirley Walker)
13. Batman: Gotham Knight - End Credits (Christopher Drake)
14. Batman: The Movie - Main Titles (Nelson Riddle)
15. Batman - TV Theme (Neal Hefti)
REL. DATE: 24th March
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org