Hey so is it just more or do more of you feel that the so called future Dean was in definitely wasn't the future? I have reasons why I believe this, but I'd like your opinions too, whichever scenario you believe.
1. Future Dean telling Present Dean to accept Michael and become a vessel was all too Zachariah-ish. It was definitely not something Dean would say, ever. Also, if that was the future, then wouldn't Future Dean have known that Current Dean was going to show up, since at one point he would have been the one zapped into the future to meet his current self?
2. Supernatural story lines have established that while we have free will, as Cas put it "All roads lead to the same destination". If this is the case, then there is no altering the future, just as there was no altering the past in the episode "In the Beginning". With those facts in mind, lets look at "The End". In
"The End" Lucifer tells Dean that no matter what he does, they'll always end up right there, just like that, but then that means that Lucifer wins. If we go by the Theory that God's side wins (aka Dean wins) then that cannot be the future as Lucifer, no matter how it plays out will ever win. (And we know Dean has to kill Lucifer because "He who breaks the first seal shall be the one to stop it" from OTHOAP episode).
3. It was much too convenient for Lucifer to talk to Dean that whole time (which was more of a challenge to kill Sam or let Michael in than anything else) and then just leave him unharmed so Zachariah could come back and Zap Dean out of there. It felt to me much too staged.
4. All the Angels left the planet and gave up on the Apocalypse. Why would they do that if they were certain they would win? By showing a planet without Angels, I feel it was easy for Zachariah to justify why the planet was so jacked up.
5. Lucifer was just chillin in a Hot Zone. If all other angels are gone, why wasn't he out recruiting/destroying people that weren't infected by the virus? That's his end game to destroy mankind, but he wasn't doing anything.
What do you guys think? Anyone have reasons for believing it was the future?