A star-ranking is the evaluation system that the Academy uses to judge a student's school work, Alice level and attitude. There are four rankings which are indicated by the number of gold stars on a student's collar.
1. No-Star: Students who are below-average.
2. Single: Students who are pretty much average.
3. Double: Students who are more of an over-achiever than Singles but aren't exceptionally brilliant at either their studies or use of their Alice.
4. Triple: Students who usually are deemed as "over-achievers" and tend to excel at either their studies or use of Alice or both.
5. Special: Students who are considered the best of the best, signified by a lapel in the shape of a star enclosed in a circle.