Conan's First Post-Tonight Show Interview: I Wouldn't Have Done What Jay Did


In his first interview since leaving The Tonight Show, Conan O'Brien says he wouldn't have done what Jay Leno did.


"He went and took that show back and I think in a similar situation, if roles had been reversed, I know - I know me, I wouldn't have done that," O'Brien says in a 60 Minutes interview airing Sunday at 7/6c on CBS. "If I had surrendered The Tonight Show and handed it over to somebody publicly and wished them well - and then ... six months later. But that's me, you know. Everyone's got their own, you know, way of doing things."


O'Brien, 47, left NBC in late January as part of a $45 million deal that reinstated Leno as Tonight host in March, following the failure of The Jay Leno Show in prime time. O'Brien says if he had been in Leno's shoes, he would have left the network. "Done something else, go someplace else," O'Brien tells 60 Minutes' Steve Kroft. "I mean, that's just me."


To Read More Click Here.

Comments

Want to comment on this? First, you must log in to your SideReel account!