Genesis Awards continue to hand out honors for entertainment media that put animal protection issues on the spotlight. This includes TV series, feature movie, local news and printed publications that make up 19 categories. In the TV and movie nominees, spotted are "Bones", "Grey's Anatomy", "Marley & Me" and "Bolt".
The 23rd year is dedicated to support the end of Canadian seal hunt, and the Wyler Award is given to Ellen Degeneres and her wife Portia de Rossi. "Ellen and Portia stand up for their beliefs, and they have had a major impact in spreading the message about animal protection," said Wayne Pacelle, CEO of the Humane Society of the U.S.
"They had a particularly significant role in helping to pass Proposition 2, and they helped make the case to the people of California and to the rest of the nation that all animals deserve humane treatment, including animals raised for food."
Winners from each category will be revealed at the Beverly Hilton on March 28. Other nominees can be found on the official site.
Partial Nominees in TV and Movie Categories:
Sid Caeser Comedy Award
* "Family Guy" - "McStroke"
* "The Simpsons" - "Apocalypse Cow"
* "Bones" - "The Finger in the Nest"
* "Grey's Anatomy" - "Life During Wartime"
* "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" - "Wildlife"
* "Handy Manny" - "Manny's Mouse Traps"
* "SpongeBob SquarePants" - "Grooming Gary"
National News Feature
* "CBS Evening News With Katie Couric" - multiple segments
* "NBC Nightly News With Brian Williams" -multiple segments
* "World News With Charles Gibson" - multiple segments
* "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" - multiple shows
* "Martha Stewart Living" - "South African chimp santuary"
* "The Oprah Winfrey Show" - multiple shows
* "Marley & Me"
* "Saving Luna"