This week's episode of Ugly Betty is ripped from the super-crazy-depressing recession headlines that have been ruining all of our days for months now. I guess I'm not surprised the gloomy financial news finally seeped into my Thursday night television lineup but I'm not totally happy about it.
Thankfully, there was also a story woven in there about people down on their luck (surprise! The Suarez family) miraculously coming out on top, plus some smooshy relationship stuff to boot. So all in all pretty solid episode in terms of not boring me. Ready to chat about it? Just read more.
* First off, Betty comes out to the kitchen in all black and looks good! The family is shocked at how chic she looks, and Justin even tears up. She says she's only dressed like that because Mode is in financial ruin and Daniel's girlfriend is dying.
* And then she turns around and there's a big, weird bow on her butt.
* Matt and Betty are going pretty hot and heavy - he even sends her jelly beans with a heart balloon to the office! Cute or lame?
* Wilhelmina is cranky. Connor left her, stole all the money, etc. She takes her anger out on an employee wearing gladiator sandals ("Will you be wrestling in Rome?!") and fires her.
* Amanda has her own little subplot this week that involves her estranged parents. Marc walks up to her at the front desk yelling into the phone, "Leave me alone, you psycho!" Which she's saying to her mother. Ha!
* Mode is in a ton of trouble, Daniel's sad because Molly is dying, and then we learn the Suarez family is being evicted unless they can raise thousands of dollars to buy the house themselves. Stressful!
To Read More Click Here.