I feel as though The Big Bang Theory is a place where nerds are given the opportunity to shine. For once, we're laughing with the nerds...not at them!
Some of our favorite "Nerd Moments" that have occurred on BBT thus far:
1. The Opening Credits! So many shows have disposed of opening credits entirely in recent years, but The Big Bang Theory has a superb set of 'em - and they're the nerdiest opening credits you've ever seen (but oh so catchy)!
2. The guys compare sex with Halo 3 in 1.7, The Dumpling Paradox.
3. Leonard and Leslie Winkle decide whether or not they should go on a date in 1.3, The Fuzzy Boots Corollary.
4. Sheldon explains the problem with teleportation in 1.12, The Jerusalem Duality.
5. The guys demonstrate a startling lack of knowledge of basic pop cultural trivia in 1.13, The Bat Jar Conjecture clip.
6. The guys play Klingon Boggle in 2.07, The Panty Pinata Polarization.
7. Rock, Paper, Scissors? Too easy! The guys play: Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock in 2.08, The Lizard-Spock Expansion.
8. Penny gifts Sheldon a napkin signed by Leonard Nimoy in 2.11, The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis and Sheldon nearly dies of happiness.
9. Sheldon isolates the algorithm for making friends and demonstrates it on a flowchart. Sadly, Sheldon inadvertently includes an infinite loop into his chart, so Wolowitz must swoop in with a loop counter and escape option. From 2.13, The Friendship Algorithm.
10. The guys choose a movie theater and dinner locale, complete with complex diagram, in 2.14, The Financial Permeability.
What are some of your favorite nerdy moments from The Big Bang Theory?