Another great week of television is upon us! Though many shows are being preempted on Tuesday evening due to an Obama Press Conference, there's still a lot to look forward to:
1. Finale night on HBO! - Blink and you miss all of these 10 episode seasons (or less) of HBO Original Series. Big Love, Flight of the Conchords and Eastbound & Down all have season finales this Sunday.
2. Desperate Housewives has a killer episode! - This has been publicized so much that I don't even think it merits a spoiler warning, but spoiler alert - this is the one where they kill off the person that we've been reading for months would be getting killed off.
3. The Secret Life of The American Teenager finishes its season! - I've fallen behind on this series since its January return, but if there's an episode to watch, it's gotta be the one where Amy actually has the baby!
5. Cold Snap on Heroes Too bad I've given up on Heroes awhile ago, but I've been told the series is on the uptake, and Greg Grunberg has tweeted that tonight's new episode is the "Best. Episode. Ever."
6. The Real Housewives of New York City! With another Obama speech scheduled for Tuesday, the Real Housewives of NYC is one of only a few new programs airing that night. Luckily, it's one of the few I care about. This show is indescribably addictive. Countess LuAnn is such a piece of work. Heck, they're all pieces of work (except maybe Bethenny)...and we love them all the more for it!
7. Samantha Who? returns to ABC! This show has been rescheduled and shuffled around too many times for comfort, but the charming Christina Applegate comedy finally makes its return to the ABC lineup this Thursday night!
8. ABC launches another new comedy, In the Motherhood! - Better Off Ted did not make much of a ratings bite when it premiered on ABC last Wednesday, so will this new comedy fare any better? It does star funny women Cheryl Hines and Megan Mullaly, so perhaps it will draw a bigger crowd.
9. Derek stops being a party pooper on Grey's Anatomy! - I don't really care about the whole "Izzie's got a 5% chance to live story line" on Grey's, but I do care that one of the few characters who wasn't previously insufferable has turned a corner...in the wrong direction. Thus, I am excited that Derek appears to be coming out of his lame-tard growly crisis and will be performing surgery once more...on Izzie.
10. Dollhouse keeps getting better...we hope! - We agree that last week's Dollhouse was the best yet (as promised), but can the show keep it up?
What are you looking forward to this week?