Sometimes the Oscars are full of surprises, but this year, despite the fact that there's a ton of awesome films, I'd say that there's even more than usual "sure things".
So...if you're hoping to win that Oscar Pool...hope you can accurately predict the win for Best Animated Short (oh wait...Presto!'s probably a shoo-in)!
SideReel's List of 10 Sure Things for this year's Oscars:
1. Slumdog Millionaire will win best picture. It's won at pretty much every other awards ceremony. Don't expect too many boats to be rocked.
2. Danny Boyle will win best director, for directing best picture, Slumdog Millionaire.
3. Wall-E will win best animated feature. It nearly even sneaked onto the Best Picture list, so this one's a no-brainer!
4. Kate Winslet will win for best actress in The Reader. Sorry Anne Hathaway, Meryl Streep, Melissa Leo and Angelina. This is Kate's year.
5. Mickey Rourke will win for best actor in The Wrestler. Rourke knocked this one out of the park and it likely is his only shot. He has to win!
6. Heath Ledger will win for best supporting actor in The Dark Knight. And good thing he deserves it; he probably would have won no matter what!
7. The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button will get largely swept (even with it's 13 nominations), but will pick up a few art-direction type awards. And make-up (old-man baby Brad Pitt...*shudder*).
8. Milk will win for best original screenplay. It was a fantastic film - it won't be entirely overlooked!
9. The show will run long. Yeah, they cut some songs out this year, but there are a few sure things in life and one is that the Oscars always run long.
10. Hugh Jackman will be an awesome host. (A girl can dream...)
What do you think are sure things for this year's show?