Recaps for Brave 10

What's Hot Today

Brave 10 Ep 2: There’s A Snake in My Forest

Isanami and Saizo continue their journey while the threat of assassins hangs over their heads. Saizo runs into Ana, a childhood friend, while she’s bathing, and they all go to the festival where Isanami has been invited to dance as the shrine maiden. Oh, and there’s a giant snake in the forest that almost kills our main characters. I never knew that Saizo was a peeper, but when he does, he goes for the wrong type- the kind that can grow ice picks from her body and hurl them by doing a spinning handstand. A RIVAL APPEARS? Isanami has something totally going on for Saizo, and I had the inkling it was going to be one of those horrible romance/not-romance shows, where they dangle attraction until the end of the show, and then leave it just out of reach. But it seems like there’s something different at work here. Isanami, who had grown up without parents seems to be showing a deeper issue, one of being afraid of being left alone in the world, rather than one of a romantic nature. READ MORE...

Brave 10 Ep 1: Unfortunate Encounter [First Impression]

Well even though I was looking forward to this since the previews, I’ll be honest that I wasn’t expecting too much. This episode definitely caught my interest and exceeded some of my exceptions. First of all, there’s blood- and lots of it without going overboard into the gore level (in fact, this isn’t even close to gore level yet compared to Hakouki where you saw limbs being sliced off- not that was much gore either, but still.) I found this episode to be totally badass, yet at the same time, it’s absolutely adorable! I’m loving the characters that are introduced so far, and Isanami is totally awesome. I mean, 95% of the time, girls who play the role of having to be protected are dull, pathetic and doesn’t exactly appeal to our interest. Isanami on the other hand, is definitely one of those lucky 5% that automatically appeals to me. First of all, she’s a glutton, second she is persistent enough to follow Saizo because she has more faith/hope in him to protect her than Sanada who at first claimed that he doesn’t want to be involved. I don’t blame her one bit. But then again, that’s pretty common altogether…. Thirdly, it appears she possesses some sort of dangerous power (of course it looks like it varies on the situation considering the power or whatever it was, spoken). It makes her skin look almost as if it were petrified and looks like she doesn’t exactly have control of it- it just happens in the split second and she doesn’t seem remember when she has used that power. The question now is, whether that power is within her, or it’s the traditional hair-clip. Either way, this power basically decays everything and the world is screwed if it gets into the wrong hands. READ MORE...