TVGuide.com counts down the Top Twelve TV Moments of the Week! No shirt or shoes were required this week, as the world went mad: Two of our favorite shows went to their deaths with dignity- and sex appeal. There was talk of eating cats, but a Thanksgiving turkey got a pardon. Steve Martin went back to being silly, and to top it all off, the future leader of the free world admitted that one person still intimidates him. Enjoy our Top Moments, end of the world edition.
12. Biggest Shoe-In: Irony alert! Lance Bass, this season's Dancing with the Stars underdog, scores Monday's top marks and earns a spot in the finals for a WWII-themed jitterbug so frenzied he actually kicks off a shoe. This comes just weeks after Lance and Lacey, the show's beleaguered "progressive" couple, tried to shake things up by dancing barefoot, and felt the wrath of a trio of pearl-clutchingly traditional judges.
11. Best Proof that High School Never Ends: 90210's Brenda and Kelly can't seem to stop dating the same guy. After Brenda tells Kelly they have nothing in common and can't use "history" as an excuse to move forward, Brenda lands herself in the hospital, where she confesses that she's kept her distance because she slept with Kelly's new man-boy, Ryan.
10. Top Model: After maneuvering her way through a whimsical runway of hills, steps and winding paths, McKey is crowned America's Next Top Model. Now she'll never have to get into her boyfriend's line of work: cage fighting.
9. Biggest Letdown: One Tree Hill's throwback to 1940s cinema turns out more cheesy than classy. Nathan and Haley's love story shines, but making Mouth a drunk, Owen a cop and Peyton indebted to Dan doesn't advance the season a bit.
8. Fastest SNL: Unable to host next week's Saturday Night Live, Justin Timberlake performs a two-minute version of the show on Weekend Update: "Applause, applause, applause, I try to start talking, more applause, seriously people, settle down, more applause, it's great to be here hosting Saturday Night Live, even more applause, OK, enough." Then a run-through of the rest of the show. Step one, cut a hole in the turkey. Laugh, laugh, laugh. He capped it all off by leaping up on the Update desk to perform "SexyBack."
7. Best Bath Linens Model: From Dirty Sexy Money, one of two Top Moments shows that got the axe this week: Karen makes no secret of her affinity for the assorted nozzles in her fiance's luxe shower, but it's Simon who (nearly) gives us an eyeful. Wearing a towel extremely low on his chiseled torso, Blair Underwood proves you can be clean and dirty.
6. Worst Photo Op: The election is over, but Gov. Sarah Palin continues to provide gaffes aplenty. Moments after pardoning a Thanksgiving turkey, she gives a news conference at a turkey farm - unaware that apparently unpardoned birds are being executed behind her. MSNBC's captions include, "Turkeys Die as Governor Palin Takes Questions from the Media," "Gov. Sarah Palin Keeps Talking While Turkeys Get Slaughtered Behind Her," and "Gov. Palin Apparently Oblivious to Turkey Carnage over Her Shoulder."
5. Best Civics Lesson: Millions of Americans find out who outranks the president-elect when Barack Obama is asked on 60 Minutes whether his mother-in-law will move into the White House: "I don't tell my mother-in-law what to do," the future commander in chief explains. "I'm not stupid. That's why I got elected president, man."
Read the rest on TVGuide.com:
Photo courtesy of TVGuide.com