There are tons of unanswered questions as we go into Lost's final season, but the biggest question of all is:
How will the series ultimately end?
While us true blue fans know that J.J. Abrams, Damon Lindelof, Carlton Cuse, and the rest of those working on Lost are geniuses with a plan... do we reeeally trust that they planned out this final ending perfectly? Could it all end up being an extended dream? Could it be that they will reset time and none of this we've spent years of our lives following really happened?
There are plenty of possible awful endings that could just ruin the entire series, but there are also lots of fantastic ending possibilities that could blow our minds!
Here are five of the basic possible endings, so add your comments below telling us which of these endings you're hoping for the most or hoping absolutely won't happen, plus share other possibilities you're hoping for or against!
1. Juliet and the gang really reset time so Oceanic Flight 815 never crashed on the island
2. They didn't reset time, so they're still stuck in the 1970s, but eventually they find another way to get off the island, and all the survivors return to the "real world" to live whatever lives they can find for themselves in present time
3. All those on Flight 815 really died when the plane crashed, so the island is some lame sort of purgatory, so the end of the series will be them resolving their problems letting them finally rest in their afterlives
4. The Oceanic 6 realize they were miserable back in the "real world," and that living on the island all together is what they're meant to do... for some reason with some sort of more positive island life coming out of it
5. The mysteries of Charles Widmore and Jacob will become clear, revealing fascinating reasons the 815 survivors (and the Others?) are all meant to be on the island, which will probably resolve in some sort of survivor revolt or giving in to whatever either of these guys had planned for them
Of course there are tons more possibilities within and beyond these!
Do you think one of those options are going to happen, of course with a whole lot more complication, madness, and awesomeness happening along the way? Or is there another way you think the show should or will end?
Share your theories and predictions in the comments!