Oh, you cliffhangers. How you fill our summer months with frustration. We despise you for denying us any closure, but we love you at the same time - because in the land of television, a season usually ends with you, or it ends forever. This week we focus on some edge-of-your-seat endings, and a few we won't lose sleep over. Welcome to Top Moments, to-be-continued edition.
11. Toughest Break: Yes, it's a far cry from the happily ever after that "MiSa" fans held out for. But Prison Break's daring decision to send Michael to the one prison he can never escape deserves our respect. He loved well and lived hard.
10. Cleanest Break: The Bachelor nearly broke the drama meter a few months back, so The Bachelorette's premiere resets it at zero with a break-dancing contest between two of the guys vying for Jillian's affections. It ends with break-dance instructor Michael getting a rose and pompous fitness model Greg getting served. (Did we just sound really cool or really old?)
9. Undercooked Roast Award: Jeffrey Ross' roast of the Dancing with the Stars cast has its bright moments ("Belinda Carlisle... I love the way you're dressed like a hooker from Battlestar Galactica"), but he loses points for letting Denise Richards off scott-free. What happened, Jeff? Did you spend too much time coming up with that "Can I marry you?" line for Melissa Rycroft? Because she's heard that one before. Anyway, Congratulations to Shawn Johnson for an Olympic win.
8. Most Pointless Cliffhanger: 90210's finale reveals that Ethan has secretly taken a shine to Silver - and the two share a smooch that suggests a pending love triangle with Dixon. But shouldn't 90210 have explored this plotline earlier, since Ethan's not expected to come back next season?
7. Best-Timed Cliffhanger: On Breaking Bad, all of Walt's problems come to a head at once as he tries to carry out a major meth deal as his partner discovers heroin and his wife goes into labor. What makes this especially well-timed? The season is still underway. We get to see how this one resolves next week, not next year.
6. Worst Cliffhanger: Who is Mike marrying on Desperate Housewives? Susan? Katherine? Who cares? As charming as James Denton might be, Mike Delfino hasn't had good romantic chemistry with a girlfriend on the show since pipes were made of lead and plumbers also foretold the weather.
To read The First Five Click Here.