If you're a girl, you can't help but love Chuck Bass on Gossip Girl because he's hot, charming, and witty. If you're a guy, you've the comfort of knowing that he is but a fictional character played by Ed Westwick, and even then, you can sort of empathize with him because he's the alpha male - hot, rich, etc. That being said, who would not like Chuck Bass? Going around the table one time, enumerating reasons why none of our foursome were saints, he said, simply, I'm Chuck Bass, and we all know what he meant. He need not say anything, give scenarios, enumerate names, recall ugly deeds in the past. All he had to do was remind everyone that he is who he is.
He's Chuck Bass.
As such, there is a whole vault of quotes or lines from Charles Bartholomew Bass. In the book, Chuck is bisexual and has had a relationship with a guy named Greg (whom Dan Humphrey also had a fling with crazy universe). He is often referred to as the male version of Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester). Similarly, Blair can be called the female version of Chuck, depending on which gender / character you'd like to favor. Typically regarded as the Gossip Girl antagonist, Chuck is devilishly good-looking, hedonistic, and devoid of conscience, as he has shown that he is not above putting anthrax on letters and crashing jets on purpose just to get his way.
Here are my top five.
5. Chuck and his scarf. Chuck has single-handedly made the scarf a wearable fashion item for men. Talking about Dan Humphrey, he and Nate (Chace Crawford) said something like this. Blair also alluded to the infamous scarf once or twice, and Chuck reasoned that it was chilly.
Nate: You kill people now, what you strangle them with your scarf?
Chuck: Don't mock the scarf, Nathaniel, it's my signature.
4. Said to Nate, again, when he was possibly thinking about being Blair's escort on Hi, Society.
Chuck: Don't F with an F-er, I know that look.
3. Someone, however, was able to break into Chuck's hard exterior and made him say things that were totally out of character, that is, not about himself: Blair. This quote, especially, and a quote about butterflies deserving to be murdered, is awfully unforgettable.
Chuck: Something this beautiful deserves to be seen on something worth it's beauty.
2. At the end of the day, however, Chuck will always be the lewd, perverted, but sexy guy who speaks memorably sharp one-liners in a near-whisper (or while following Blair from his limo the morning after he had sex with her or giving her the key to his suite).
Chuck: Let's catch up. Take our clothes off, stare at each other.
Chuck: Why don't I turn that one piece into a no piece?
Chuck: Not as clear as the memory of you purring in my ear, which I have been replaying over, and over..
Chuck: I'm honored to be playing a small role in your deflowering.
1. Countless of times, he said this, and all of those times he said it with such confidence that you can't help but believe him and need no further reason than his name.
Chuck: Why should I be chosen to be an usher I'm Chuck Bass.
Nate: She's right Serena. None of us are saints.
Blair: yeah, I had sex with him at the back of the limo.
Chuck: Several times.
Blair: I had sex with you at a wedding while I was her date. Once.
Chuck: I'm Chuck Bass.
What's your favorite Chuck quote?