Why work at SideReel?
We love TV, and we think technology can make TV even more awesome. SideReel uniquely combines engineers, TV fanatics, video producers, designers, and successful technology entrepreneurs. We're always on the lookout for smart, accomplished people who are "our kind of crazy." SideReel is run by an agile 20-person team as a division of our parent company, All Media Network, LLC. Our office is located on Market Street in San Francisco. Meet our team.
- Unlimited vacation time
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Social work culture in a creative environment
- Collaborative product and engineering teams
- Equipment: We ♥ Apple
- Agile development environment
- FiDi office near BART, ferries, & Muni
- Equidistant to 3 different Sushirritos
About All Media Network
All Media Network connects today's digital audience with the best music, movies, TV, and game discovery and fulfillment services. With over 18 million monthly average uniques and 133 million monthly page views across five web sites, All Media Network provides the most comprehensive and pervasive consumer entertainment products available anywhere.
Sr. Ruby on Rails Developer
We're building the best online experience in the world of television and video. We're profitable. We believe in working smart rather than just hard, and are looking for Rails engineers to join our fun and talented team. Our servers handle about a million users a day, so if you're interested in pushing Rails to succeed at this level, drop us a line.
You would be responsible for...
- Owning parts of the codebase, refactoring and making the codebase better
- Mentoring other engineers
- Build SideReel.com and all the software behind-the-scenes
- Develop RESTful services for internal use
- Create data management and analysis tools that control the ingestion and processing of entertainment content, links, and metadata
- Work with Ruby, Rails, MySQL, Memcache, Varnish, Passenger, JQuery, MongoDB, and other technologies
- Test drive our code, work in pairs, and work closely with our product owner
- Work at a sustainable pace, roughly 9 to 5
- Discuss the survivability of an impending zombie apocalypse
- Have built a web application before, preferably for actual users
- Bring new concepts/methodologies/tools to the team
- Be our flavor of crazy; we enjoy working together and hope you will too!
You are especially intriguing if you have...
- Deep experience with caching & web performance/scalability
- Experience with TDD/BDD and fluency developing tests and writing code in this fashion
- A track record of working with agile (especially Extreme Programming) teams
- Strong skills and experience with integration testing and the quirks of Cucumber/Capybara/Selenium
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with your resume and a brief note about yourself in response to this post. Links to your Github profile, programming blog, or other public code are not required but we'd love to see any you may have.
To learn more about AMN, visit allmedianetwork.com.