Why work at SideReel?
We love TV, and we think technology can make TV even more awesome. SideReel uniquely combines engineers, TV fanatics, video producers, designers, and successful technology entrepreneurs. We're always on the lookout for smart, accomplished people who are "our kind of crazy." SideReel is run by an agile 20-person team as a division of our parent company, All Media Network, LLC. Our office is located on Market Street in San Francisco. Meet our team.
- Unlimited vacation time
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Social work culture in a creative environment
- Collaborative product and engineering teams
- Equipment: We ♥ Apple
- Agile development environment
- FiDi office near BART, ferries, & Muni
- Equidistant to 3 different Sushirritos
About All Media Network
All Media Network connects today's digital audience with the best music, movies, TV, and game discovery and fulfillment services. With over 18 million monthly average uniques and 133 million monthly page views across five web sites, All Media Network provides the most comprehensive and pervasive consumer entertainment products available anywhere.
SEO & Paid Marketing Manager, B2C (Growth Hacker)
All Media Network is hiring a Marketing Manager to manage SEO and paid marketing activities for our web and mobile properties, including AllMusic.com and SideReel.com.
The SEO and Paid Marketing Manager will be responsible for the management of online marketing programs including strategy, execution, budget, optimization and reporting. This is a hands-on leadership role where you will be working closely with both the operations and product teams to build audiences for our properties.
- Implement search engine optimization strategies to improve traffic and performance for Google and YouTube
- Own day-to-day management of paid search campaigns including keyword generation, ad copy testing, bid management, landing page optimization, budget management, etc.
- Develop and execute online marketing programs that support new customer acquisition goals from inception to post-campaign analysis
- Analyze, report on, and share effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns, and make recommendations for optimization to improve ROI
- Manage App Store entries for mobile apps
- Work with graphic artists and web development teams to optimize conversion funnel
- Identify and test new user acquisition channels and partnerships
- Direct and optimize social marketing activities and channels; work closely with the content teams
- Report on and advise email campaigns
- Manage PR (including outside firm)
- Minimum 5 years in multiple roles in online marketing
- Experience with Google AdWords, Webmaster Tools, HTML/CSS, Facebook Ads Manager & Content Editor, and Microsoft Excel
- In-depth knowledge of SEO; demonstrated experience improving search traffic
- In-depth knowledge social media platforms and how they can be used to drive acquisition, community, engagement and loyalty marketing objectives
- Savvy, knowledgeable, and passionate about current social media trends, innovations and best practices
- Comfortable working with product and engineering teams
- Firm understanding of marketing and acquisition metrics including, but not limited to CPA, CPL, CPC, LTV, and Churn
- Past experience running marketing campaigns on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Google+
- Extremely detail-oriented and methodical
- A hard worker comfortable working flexible hours to adjust advertising spend within the week or day to improve efficiency
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- BA required
Salary dependent on experience.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a brief note about yourself in response to this post.
All Media Network is hiring a UX Designer to shape the user experience of visitors to our web properties and mobile apps, focusing primarily on SideReel.com and the SideReel iOS app.
The UX Designer will create user experiences and visual elements for the various properties associated with SideReel, including web sites and mobile apps. You will work with the Product Manager and Engineers to ensure the designs are implemented and optimized for best practices.
- UX deliverables and artifacts (low-fi wireframes, high-fi comps, sketches, flowcharts, and prototypes)
- Visual web design and asset production
- User research (usability testing, surveys)
- Assisting with A/B testing, including ideating on what to test
- Feed outcome of research into product themes/projects, ensuring that the right themes are prioritized
- Develop, maintain, and broadcast visual design and interaction style design standards for SideReel
- Work with agile development team to ensure well-communicated and executable stories and themes
- Help product identify where to report into analytics from new designs
- Build SideReel.com and associated mobile apps
- Work at a sustainable pace – roughly 9 to 5
- Think “meow” can be a noun, verb, adjective, and a state of mind
- Have experience creating interfaces for consumer web applications
- Have a solid understanding of web page optimization standards and best practices for both web and mobile-based applications
- Have a solid understanding of user-centered design principles
- Have experience creating and maintaining graphic specification documents
- Have experience working at a fast pace on multiple projects
- Be an expert in the latest versions of graphic design software, including, but not limited to Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign
You are especially intriguing if you have...
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience conducting user research
- Experience with developing graphics for web- and mobile-based applications
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with your resume and a brief note about yourself in response to this post. When applying, make sure to include a link to your design portfolio.
Sr. Ruby on Rails Developer
We're building the best online experience in the world of television and video. We're profitable. We believe in working smart rather than just hard, and are looking for Rails engineers to join our fun and talented team. Our servers handle about a million users a day, so if you're interested in pushing Rails to succeed at this level, drop us a line.
You would be responsible for...
- Owning parts of the codebase, refactoring and making the codebase better
- Mentoring other engineers
- Build SideReel.com and all the software behind-the-scenes
- Develop RESTful services for internal use
- Create data management and analysis tools that control the ingestion and processing of entertainment content, links, and metadata
- Work with Ruby, Rails, MySQL, Memcache, Varnish, Passenger, JQuery, MongoDB, and other technologies
- Test drive our code, work in pairs, and work closely with our product owner
- Work at a sustainable pace, roughly 9 to 5
- Discuss the survivability of an impending zombie apocalypse
- Have built a web application before, preferably for actual users
- Bring new concepts/methodologies/tools to the team
- Be our flavor of crazy; we enjoy working together and hope you will too!
You are especially intriguing if you have...
- Deep experience with caching & web performance/scalability
- Experience with TDD/BDD and fluency developing tests and writing code in this fashion
- A track record of working with agile (especially Extreme Programming) teams
- Strong skills and experience with integration testing and the quirks of Cucumber/Capybara/Selenium
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a brief note about yourself in response to this post. Links to your Github profile, programming blog, or other public code are not required but we'd love to see any you may have.
Check out our engineering blog!
To learn more about AMN, visit allmedianetwork.com.